Senior Living in 11105 (Astoria, NY)
- 11105 has a SeniorScore® of 66, which is the 4th highest of any zip code in Astoria, NY.
- 11105 scores lower than the Astoria, NY average of 69.
- 11105 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11105 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 71 senior living facilities in the area, including New York Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing, YC Health + Hospitals/Coler SNF, and Regal Heights Rehabilitation and Health Care Center.
- There are 16 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 112 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 63 golf courses nearby, including Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course, Forest Park Golf Course, and Kissena Park Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Socrates Sculpture Park and Carl Schurz Park).
- There are 21 churches nearby, including Peniel Baptist Church, Immaculate Conception Church, and St Francis of Assisi Rectory.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $71,821, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,935, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,655, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.29%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11105 has a very dense population density of 22,480.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.22%.