Senior Living in 11109 (Long Island City, NY)
- 11109 has a SeniorScore® of 81, which is the highest of any zip code in Long Island City, NY.
- 11109 scores higher than the Long Island City, NY average of 76.
- 11109 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11109 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 14 hospitals nearby, including Mount Sinai Hospital Of Queens, New York Hospital Medical Center Of Queens, and Coler-goldwater Spec Hospital.
- There are 71 senior living facilities in the area, including ArchCare at Mary Manning Walsh Home , Norc at Phipps, and YC Health + Hospitals/Coler SNF.
- There are 23 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 583 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (9% of the total population).
- There are 38 golf courses nearby, including Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course, Forest Park Golf Course, and Kissena Park Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms Park, Asser Levy Recreation Center, and Socrates Sculpture Park.
- There are 77 churches nearby, including Evangel Church, St Mary\'s Rc Church, and Trinity Lutheran Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $167,259, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $132,875, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $83,751, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.36%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11109 has a very dense population density of 88,075.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 99.00%.