Senior Living in 11201 (Brooklyn, NY)
- 11201 has a SeniorScore® of 76, which is the highest of any zip code in Brooklyn, NY.
- 11201 scores significantly higher than the Brooklyn, NY average of 66.
- 11201 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11201 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Brooklyn Hospital Center At Downtown Campus, Long Island College Hospital, and New York Downtown Hospital.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in the area, including Hopkins Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, Cobble Hill Health Center, and The Phoenix Rehabilitation and Nursing Center.
- There are 28 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 30 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 427 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 27 golf courses nearby, including Dyker Beach Golf Course, Forest Park Golf Course, and Silver Lake Golf Course.
- There are 14 parks nearby, including Brooklyn Heights Promenade, Brooklyn Bridge Park, and Commodore Barry Park.
- There are 146 churches nearby, including Diocesan Cursillos Ctr, St Boniface Church, and First Spanish Baptist Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.90% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.52% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $155,523, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $91,764, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $71,739, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.19%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11201 has a very dense population density of 35,904.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.56%.