Senior Living in 11219 (Brooklyn, NY)
- 11219 has a SeniorScore® of 63, which is the 27th highest of any zip code in Brooklyn, NY.
- 11219 scores lower than the Brooklyn, NY average of 66.
- 11219 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11219 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Maimonides Medical Center, Lutheran Medical Center, and Victory Memorial Hospital.
- There are 57 senior living facilities in the area, including The Heritage Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, Boro Park Center For Nursing and Rehab Center, and Norwegian Christian Home and Health Center.
- There are 15 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 420 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 20 golf courses nearby, including Dyker Beach Golf Course, Marine Park Golf Course, and Silver Lake Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Sunset Park)..
- There are 250 churches nearby, including Congregation Beth Jacob, Congregation Beer Moshe, and Saint Rosalia Rc Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.90% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.52% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $51,375, which is in the top 67% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $34,804, which is in the top 82% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $14,999, which is in the top 92% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.68%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11219 has a very dense population density of 62,227.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 65.52%.