Senior Living in 11221 (Brooklyn, NY)
- 11221 has a SeniorScore® of 61, which is the 32th highest of any zip code in Brooklyn, NY.
- 11221 scores lower than the Brooklyn, NY average of 66.
- 11221 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11221 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Wyckoff Heights Medical Center, Woodhull Medical And Mental Health Center, and Interfaith Medical Center.
- There are 61 senior living facilities in the area, including Buena Vida Continuing Care, Ridgewood Bushwick Senior Citizen Home Care, and The Concord Baptist Nursing and Rehabilitation Center.
- There are 18 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 22 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 157 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 32 golf courses nearby, including Forest Park Golf Course, Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course, and Marine Park Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Maria Hernandez Park)..
- There are 134 churches nearby, including Crossover Baptist Church Inc, Holy Trinity Baptist Church, and Antioch Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.90% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.52% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $48,517, which is in the top 75% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $36,577, which is in the top 79% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $17,845, which is in the top 82% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.84%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11221 has a very dense population density of 57,046.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 68.82%.