Senior Living in 11222 (Brooklyn, NY)
- 11222 has a SeniorScore® of 71, which is the 6th highest of any zip code in Brooklyn, NY.
- 11222 scores higher than the Brooklyn, NY average of 66.
- 11222 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 11222 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Mount Sinai Hospital Of Queens and Woodhull Medical And Mental Health Center).
- There are 60 senior living facilities in the area, including Emanuel Home Care, Palm Gardens Nursing Home, and Norc at Phipps.
- There are 22 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 12 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 153 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 35 golf courses nearby, including Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course, Forest Park Golf Course, and Kissena Park Golf Course.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Asser Levy Recreation Center, Franklin D. Roosevelt Four Freedoms Park, and East River Park.
- There are 65 churches nearby, including St Cecilia\'s Rc Church, St Anthony of Padua, and Holy Family Rc Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.90% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.52% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $74,569, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $60,610, which is in the top 25% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,752, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.72%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11222 has a very dense population density of 24,234.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.92%.