Senior Living in 11223 (Brooklyn, NY)
- 11223 has a SeniorScore® of 65, which is the 19th highest of any zip code in Brooklyn, NY.
- 11223 scores lower than the Brooklyn, NY average of 66.
- 11223 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11223 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (New York Community Hospital Of Brooklyn, Inc. and Coney Island Hospital).
- There are 39 senior living facilities in the area, including Bath Residence, Shore View Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Haym Salomon Home For Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There are 10 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 603 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 18 golf courses nearby, including Dyker Beach Golf Course, Marine Park Golf Course, and Richmond County Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 115 churches nearby, including Ahi Ezer Congregation, Our Lady of Grace Church, and Congregation B\'Nai Josef.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.90% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.52% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $58,107, which is in the top 50% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $40,626, which is in the top 68% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,935, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.79%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11223 has a very dense population density of 37,960.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 75.31%.