Senior Living in 11228 (Brooklyn, NY)
- 11228 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the 8th highest of any zip code in Brooklyn, NY.
- 11228 scores higher than the Brooklyn, NY average of 66.
- 11228 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11228 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Victory Memorial Hospital, Va New York Harbor Healthcare, and Maimonides Medical Center.
- There are 49 senior living facilities in the area, including Hamilton Park Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Norwegian Christian Home and Health Center, and Bensonhurst Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 10 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 384 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Dyker Beach Golf Course, Silver Lake Golf Course, and Richmond County Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 200 churches nearby, including St Frances Cabrini Church, St Ephrems Catholic Church, and Our Lady of Guadalupe Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.90% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.52% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $79,691, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $59,624, which is in the top 26% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,759, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.02%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11228 has a very dense population density of 28,427.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 78.18%.