Senior Living in 11230 (Brooklyn, NY)
- 11230 has a SeniorScore® of 66, which is the 17th highest of any zip code in Brooklyn, NY.
- 11230 scores the same as the Brooklyn, NY average of 66.
- 11230 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11230 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (New York Community Hospital Of Brooklyn, Inc. and Maimonides Medical Center).
- There are 55 senior living facilities in the area, including Ateret Avot of Midwood, Signature Senior Living, and Regency of Borough Park.
- There are 14 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 528 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 19 golf courses nearby, including Dyker Beach Golf Course, Marine Park Golf Course, and Silver Lake Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 240 churches nearby, including St Brendan\'s Catholic Church, Avenue N Jewish Community Ctr, and St Rose of Lima.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.90% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.52% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $61,727, which is in the top 42% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $43,147, which is in the top 61% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,155, which is in the top 57% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.05%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11230 has a very dense population density of 46,960.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 83.48%.