Senior Living in 11234 (Brooklyn, NY)
- 11234 has a SeniorScore® of 65, which is the 19th highest of any zip code in Brooklyn, NY.
- 11234 scores lower than the Brooklyn, NY average of 66.
- 11234 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11234 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 35 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunrise at Mill Basin, Four Seasons Nursing and Rehab, and Spring Creek Rehabilitation and Nursing Care Center.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 118 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (27% of the total population).
- There are 25 golf courses nearby, including Marine Park Golf Course, Breezy Point Executive Golf Course, and Forest Park Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Floyd Bennett Field and Marine Park).
- There are 30 churches nearby, including Mamre Seventh Day Adventist, Berean Baptist Church, and Mary Queen of Heaven.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.90% of total income, which is high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.52% of total property value, which is very low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,647, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $67,776, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,836, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.48%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has above average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11234 has a very dense population density of 11,629.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 87.99%.