Senior Living in 11360 (Bayside, NY)
- 11360 has a SeniorScore® of 74, which is the highest of any zip code in Bayside, NY.
- 11360 scores higher than the Bayside, NY average of 71.
- 11360 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11360 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 51 senior living facilities in the area, including The Grand Rehabilitation and Nursing Queens, Ozanam Hall Nursing of Queens, and Bridge View Nursing Home.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 116 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (43% of the total population).
- There are 79 golf courses nearby, including Clearview Golf Course, Douglaston Golf Club, and Kissena Park Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Fort Totten Park)..
- There are 37 churches nearby, including Chabad of Bayside NE Queens, Bay Terrace Jewish Ctr, and Grace Korean Presbyterian Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $100,704, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $79,553, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,074, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.52%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11360 has a very dense population density of 13,141.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.38%.