Senior Living in 11362 (Little Neck, NY)
- 11362 has a SeniorScore® of 82, which is the highest of any zip code in Little Neck, NY.
- 11362 scores higher than the Little Neck, NY average of 79.
- 11362 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11362 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Queens Children\'s Psych Center, Creedmoor Psychiatric Center, and Long Island Jewish Medical Center.
- There are 82 senior living facilities in the area, including Little Neck Care Center, Parker Jewish Institute For Health and Care Rehabilitation, and New Glen Oaks Nursing Home.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 350 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (35% of the total population).
- There are 93 golf courses nearby, including Douglaston Golf Club, Towers Country Club, and Fresh Meadow Country Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Alley Pond Park, Cunningham Park, and Fort Totten Park.
- There are 117 churches nearby, including Church El Renuevo Christain, St Anastasia Rc Church, and Little Neck Jewish Ctr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $95,762, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $83,566, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $38,264, which is in the top 10% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.46%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11362 has a dense population density of 7,103.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 93.25%.