Senior Living in 11365 (Fresh Meadows, NY)
- 11365 has a SeniorScore® of 70, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Fresh Meadows, NY.
- 11365 scores lower than the Fresh Meadows, NY average of 71.
- 11365 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11365 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Queens Hospital Center, St Vincents Catholic Med Ctr, and Flushing Hospital Medical Center.
- There are 59 senior living facilities in the area, including Boulevard ALP Assisted Living, Meadow Park Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, and Ozanam Hall Nursing of Queens.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 227 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 62 golf courses nearby, including Kissena Park Golf Course, Clearview Golf Course, and Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Cunningham Park)..
- There are 80 churches nearby, including Young Israel of Hillcrest, Young Israel of Hillcrest, and Torah Center of Hillcrest.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $73,725, which is in the top 24% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,486, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,528, which is in the top 30% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.11%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11365 has a very dense population density of 16,921.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 86.23%.