Senior Living in 11366 (Fresh Meadows, NY)
- 11366 has a SeniorScore® of 73, which is the highest of any zip code in Fresh Meadows, NY.
- 11366 scores higher than the Fresh Meadows, NY average of 71.
- 11366 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11366 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Queens Hospital Center, St Vincents Catholic Med Ctr, and Holliswood Hospital.
- There are 57 senior living facilities in the area, including Meadow Park Rehabilitation and Health Care Center, Boulevard ALP Assisted Living, and Chapin Home For The Aging.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 118 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 55 golf courses nearby, including Kissena Park Golf Course, Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course, and Douglaston Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Cunningham Park)..
- There are 54 churches nearby, including Hillcrest Jewish Ctr, Strasberg Michael P Rabbi, and O\'Halloran John D.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $96,377, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $77,244, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,483, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.90%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11366 has a very dense population density of 12,358.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.17%.