Senior Living in 11368 (Corona, NY)
- 11368 scores the same as the Corona, NY average of 63.
- 11368 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11368 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Flushing Hospital Medical Center, Forest Hills Hospital, and North Shore Univ Hospital.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in the area, including Rego Park, Park Terrace Care Center, and Castle Senior Living at Forest Hills.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 480 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (15% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course, Kissena Park Golf Course, and Forest Park Golf Course.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Flushing Meadows Corona Park and Queens Botanical Garden).
- There are 81 churches nearby, including Seventh-Day Adventist Church, Antioch Baptist Church, and Mt Horeb Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $56,619, which is in the top 54% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $46,041, which is in the top 53% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $16,080, which is in the top 89% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.74%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11368 has a very dense population density of 41,767.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 61.53%.