Senior Living in 11412 (St Albans, NY)
- 11412 scores the same as the St Albans, NY average of 64.
- 11412 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11412 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Holliswood Hospital).
- There are 43 senior living facilities in the area, including New York Catholic Guardian, New York State Veterans\' Home at St. Albans, and NY State Veteran\'s Home St. Albans.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 84 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including Kissena Park Golf Course, North Woodmere Golf Course, and Douglaston Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 92 churches nearby, including Worship Center of St Albans, St Catherine of Sienna Church, and St Albans Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $79,251, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $69,796, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,527, which is in the top 38% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 12.96%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11412 has a very dense population density of 21,192.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 85.38%.