Senior Living in 11418 (Richmond Hill, NY)
- 11418 scores the same as the Richmond Hill, NY average of 67.
- 11418 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11418 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Jamaica Hospital Medical Center, Jamaica Hospital Med Center, and Parkway Hospital.
- There are 59 senior living facilities in the area, including Atria Kew Gardens, The New Homestead, and New Homestead Home For Adults.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 231 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 45 golf courses nearby, including Forest Park Golf Course, Kissena Park Golf Course, and Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 61 churches nearby, including Bethlehem Church, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Our Lady of Cenacle Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $70,077, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,899, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,396, which is in the top 56% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.77%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11418 has a very dense population density of 22,202.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.10%.