Senior Living in 11419 (South Richmond Hill, NY)
- 11419 scores the same as the South Richmond Hill, NY average of 63.
- 11419 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11419 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Jamaica Hospital Medical Center and Jamaica Hospital Med Center).
- There are 46 senior living facilities in the area, including Trump Pavilion, Jamaica Hospital T C U, and Atria Kew Gardens.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 138 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 44 golf courses nearby, including Forest Park Golf Course, Kissena Park Golf Course, and Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 79 churches nearby, including St Benedict Joseph Labre Ch, All Saints Episcopal Church, and Price Memorial Baptist Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $68,729, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,829, which is in the top 34% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $18,916, which is in the top 76% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.75%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11419 has a very dense population density of 41,816.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 70.75%.