Senior Living in 11423 (Hollis, NY)
- 11423 scores the same as the Hollis, NY average of 68.
- 11423 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11423 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Holliswood Hospital, Queens Hospital Center, and St Vincents Catholic Med Ctr.
- There are 53 senior living facilities in the area, including Hollis Park Manor Nursing Home, Holliswood Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare, and Hillside Manor Rehabilitation and Extended Care Center.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 5 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 152 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 56 golf courses nearby, including Kissena Park Golf Course, Douglaston Golf Club, and Towers Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Cunningham Park)..
- There are 79 churches nearby, including St Gerard Magella Catholic Chr, St Joseph\'s Episcopal Church, and St Gabriel\'s Anglican Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $76,616, which is in the top 22% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $57,751, which is in the top 29% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $25,149, which is in the top 40% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.95%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11423 has a very dense population density of 21,252.3 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 76.94%.