Senior Living in 11427 (Queens, NY)
- 11427 has a SeniorScore® of 67, which is the highest of any zip code in Queens, NY.
- 11427 scores higher than the Queens, NY average of 66.
- 11427 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11427 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Creedmoor Psychiatric Center, Holliswood Hospital, and Queens Children\'s Psych Center.
- There are 55 senior living facilities in the area, including Windsor Park Nursing Home, Lifespire, and Holliswood Center For Rehabilitation and Healthcare.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 2 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 69 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (28% of the total population).
- There are 59 golf courses nearby, including Douglaston Golf Club, Kissena Park Golf Course, and Towers Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Cunningham Park and Alley Pond Park).
- There are 40 churches nearby, including Casey John F, Incarnation Church Rc, and Young Israel of Holliswood.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $84,788, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $69,753, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $28,916, which is in the top 26% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.82%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11427 has a very dense population density of 14,941.7 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 84.05%.