Senior Living in 11430 (Jamaica, NY)
- 11430 has a SeniorScore® of 82, which is the highest of any zip code in Jamaica, NY.
- 11430 scores significantly higher than the Jamaica, NY average of 66.
- 11430 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11430 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 50 hospitals nearby, including St John\'s Episcopal Hospital At South Shore, Peninsula Hospital Center, and Jamaica Hospital Medical Center.
- There are 281 senior living facilities in the area, including NY State Veteran\'s Home St. Albans, New York State Veterans\' Home at St. Albans, and The Bristal at North Woodmere.
- There are 57 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 230 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 3924 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (2% of the total population).
- There are 173 golf courses nearby, including Inwood Country Club, Rockaway Hunting Club, and North Woodmere Golf Course.
- There are 30 parks nearby, including Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge, Highland Park, and Cunningham Park.
- There are 1452 churches nearby, including Calvary Baptist Senior Housing, Calvary Assembly of God Corp, and Spirit & Truth Christian Chr.
- The area has a very high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has a per capita income of $11,026, which is in the top 98% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 34.04%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11430 has a very sparse population density of 25.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 100.00%.