Senior Living in 11435 (Jamaica, NY)
- 11435 has a SeniorScore® of 64, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Jamaica, NY.
- 11435 scores lower than the Jamaica, NY average of 66.
- 11435 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11435 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Queens Hospital Center, St Vincents Catholic Med Ctr, and Jamaica Hospital Medical Center.
- There are 54 senior living facilities in the area, including Jamaica Hospital T C U, Trump Pavilion, and Silvercrest Center For Nursing and Rehabilitation.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 8 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 146 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (21% of the total population).
- There are 51 golf courses nearby, including Forest Park Golf Course, Kissena Park Golf Course, and Flushing Meadows Pitch & Putt Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 85 churches nearby, including St Anthony\'s Devine Tabernacle, Antioch Baptist Church, and St Mary Gate of Heaven.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,131, which is in the top 36% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $54,086, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $23,205, which is in the top 51% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 13.28%, which is very high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11435 has a very dense population density of 35,437.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 76.37%.