Senior Living in 11510 (Baldwin, NY)
- 11510 scores the same as the Baldwin, NY average of 75.
- 11510 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11510 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Mercy Medical Center, South Nassau Communities Hospital, and Island Medical Center.
- There are 47 senior living facilities in the area, including Meadowbrook Care Center, South Shore Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, and Maple Point at Rockville Center.
- There are 8 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 37 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 228 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (25% of the total population).
- There are 66 golf courses nearby, including Rockville Links Club, Middle Bay Country Club, and Merrick Road Park Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Norman J. Levy Park & Preserve)..
- There are 109 churches nearby, including All Saints Episcopal Church, Second Baptist Church, and South Baldwin Jewish Ctr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $111,046, which is in the top 6% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $100,548, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $36,794, which is in the top 12% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.17%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11510 has a dense population density of 7,781.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.25%.