Senior Living in 11514 (Carle Place, NY)
- 11514 scores the same as the Carle Place, NY average of 85.
- 11514 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11514 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 8 hospitals nearby, including Winthrop-university Hospital, Island Medical Center, and Nassau University Medical Center.
- There are 79 senior living facilities in the area, including The Bristal Assisted Living at Westbury, Teachers Retirement System, and Townhouse Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 56 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 441 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 108 golf courses nearby, including Wheatley Hills Golf Club, Garden City Country Club, and Cherry Valley Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Eisenhower Park)..
- There are 157 churches nearby, including Baha\'I Faith, Our Lady of Hope Catholic Chr, and St John\'s Lutheran Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $92,493, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $85,064, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,009, which is in the top 19% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.80%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11514 has a dense population density of 5,209.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 91.78%.