Senior Living in 11542 (Glen Cove, NY)
- 11542 scores the same as the Glen Cove, NY average of 68.
- 11542 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11542 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Glen Cove Hospital).
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunrise of Glen Cove, The Regency Assisted Living in Glen Cove, and Glen Cove Center For Nursing.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 6 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 62 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 118 golf courses nearby, including Glen Cove Golf Club, Nassau Country Club, and Creek Club, The.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Bailey Arboretum and Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park).
- There are 22 churches nearby, including St Rocco\'s Church, St Patrick\'s Roman Catholic, and North Country Reform Temple.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $94,915, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $68,064, which is in the top 17% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,293, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.58%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11542 has a dense population density of 4,148.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 82.71%.