Senior Living in 11550 (Hempstead, NY)
- 11550 has a SeniorScore® of 60, which is the 2nd highest of any zip code in Hempstead, NY.
- 11550 scores lower than the Hempstead, NY average of 62.
- 11550 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11550 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Island Medical Center).
- There are 34 senior living facilities in the area, including Nassau Extended Care Facility, Mayfair Care Center, and Townhouse Center For Rehabilitation and Nursing.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 9 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 76 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 60 golf courses nearby, including Hempstead Golf & Country Club, Garden City Golf Club, and Garden City Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 51 churches nearby, including Antioch Baptist Church, South Hempstead Baptist Church, and Union Baptist Church Inc.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $69,032, which is in the top 30% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $56,345, which is in the top 31% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,836, which is in the top 59% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.79%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11550 has a very dense population density of 13,241.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 70.16%.