Senior Living in 11552 (West Hempstead, NY)
- 11552 scores the same as the West Hempstead, NY average of 78.
- 11552 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11552 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including Island Medical Center, Mercy Medical Center, and Franklin Hospital.
- There are 59 senior living facilities in the area, including Lifetime Retirement, Garden Care Center, and Nassau Extended Care Facility.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 53 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 315 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 70 golf courses nearby, including Hempstead Golf & Country Club, Rockville Links Club, and Garden City Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 123 churches nearby, including Young Israel of West Hempstead, Jewish Community Ctr, and St Thomas the Apostle Rectory.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $109,337, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $97,375, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,233, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.92%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11552 has a dense population density of 6,915.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.30%.