Senior Living in 11553 (Uniondale, NY)
- 11553 scores the same as the Uniondale, NY average of 72.
- 11553 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11553 scores the same as the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Island Medical Center, Nassau University Medical Center, and Mercy Medical Center.
- There are 45 senior living facilities in the area, including Family Residences, A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility, and St. Agnes Village For Senior Citizens.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 32 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 300 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 70 golf courses nearby, including Hempstead Golf & Country Club, Blue Course at Eisenhower Park Golf Course, and Cherry Valley Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Eisenhower Park)..
- There are 119 churches nearby, including Grace Cathedral Intl, Methodist Church of Uniondale, and Abundant Life Ministries International.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $86,052, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $74,471, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,020, which is in the top 58% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 8.10%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11553 has a dense population density of 7,434.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 75.48%.