Senior Living in 11558 (Island Park, NY)
- 11558 scores the same as the Island Park, NY average of 81.
- 11558 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11558 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including Long Beach Medical Center, South Nassau Communities Hospital, and Mercy Medical Center.
- There are 68 senior living facilities in the area, including South Point Plaza Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, The Komanoff Center For Geriatric and Rehabilitative Medicine, and Long Beach Housing Authority.
- There are 6 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 43 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 355 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 65 golf courses nearby, including Hempstead Golf Course at Lido, Town Of, Bay Park Golf Course, and Middle Bay Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Norman J. Levy Park & Preserve)..
- There are 125 churches nearby, including Kimsis Tis Theotokou Church, Island Park United Methodist, and Sacred Heart Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $96,599, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $77,740, which is in the top 11% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $33,253, which is in the top 16% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.29%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11558 has a dense population density of 5,580.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 90.05%.