Senior Living in 11560 (Locust Valley, NY)
- 11560 scores the same as the Locust Valley, NY average of 86.
- 11560 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11560 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Glen Cove Hospital, North Shore Univ Hospital, and St Francis Hospital, Roslyn.
- There are 67 senior living facilities in the area, including Marquis Care Center, Glen Cove Center For Nursing, and Sunrise of Glen Cove.
- There are 19 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 27 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 161 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 160 golf courses nearby, including Piping Rock Club, Creek Club, The, and Nassau Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Bailey Arboretum, Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park, and Caumsett State Park.
- There are 53 churches nearby, including St John\'s of Lattingtown, Locust Valley Reformed Church, and St Rocco\'s Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $195,652, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $97,083, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $71,705, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.19%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11560 has an average population density of 861.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.44%.