Senior Living in 11561 (Long Beach, NY)
- 11561 scores the same as the Long Beach, NY average of 66.
- 11561 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11561 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Long Beach Medical Center).
- There are 21 senior living facilities in the area, including The Komanoff Center For Geriatric and Rehabilitative Medicine, South Point Plaza Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, and Long Beach Housing Authority.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 4 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 42 pharmacies within short driving distance.
- The area has a a very low property crime rate.
- The area has a a very low violent crime rate.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 37 golf courses nearby, including Hempstead Golf Course at Lido, Town Of, Middle Bay Country Club, and Rockaway Hunting Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 11 churches nearby, including St James-Jerusalem Episcopal, Temple Emanuel of Long Beach, and Temple Israel.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $104,712, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $83,563, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $47,044, which is in the top 5% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 3.34%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11561 has a very dense population density of 9,559.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.57%.