Senior Living in 11569 (Point Lookout, NY)
- 11569 scores the same as the Point Lookout, NY average of 90.
- 11569 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11569 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including South Nassau Communities Hospital, Long Beach Medical Center, and Mercy Medical Center.
- There are 60 senior living facilities in the area, including South Shore Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, Meadowbrook Care Center, and The Komanoff Center For Geriatric and Rehabilitative Medicine.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 34 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 257 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (41% of the total population).
- There are 67 golf courses nearby, including Middle Bay Country Club, Hempstead Golf Course at Lido, Town Of, and Merrick Road Park Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Norman J. Levy Park & Preserve)..
- There are 82 churches nearby, including Hession John C, Temple Avodah, and Young Israel of Oceanside.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $169,260, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $106,688, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $77,976, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 0.90%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11569 has a dense population density of 3,584.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 99.24%.