Senior Living in 11575 (Roosevelt, NY)
- 11575 scores the same as the Roosevelt, NY average of 61.
- 11575 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11575 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 25 senior living facilities in the area, including A Holly Patterson Extended Care Facility, St. Agnes Village For Senior Citizens, and Family Residences.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 58 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (19% of the total population).
- There are 64 golf courses nearby, including Merrick Road Park Golf Course, Hempstead Golf & Country Club, and Rockville Links Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 36 churches nearby, including Church of Christ, Good Shepherd Lutheran Church, and Queen of the Most Holy Rosary.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $78,643, which is in the top 20% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $65,946, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,346, which is in the top 56% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.54%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11575 has a very dense population density of 9,141.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 72.91%.