Senior Living in 11693 (Far Rockaway, NY)
- 11693 has a SeniorScore® of 58, which is the highest of any zip code in Far Rockaway, NY.
- 11693 scores higher than the Far Rockaway, NY average of 57.
- 11693 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11693 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Resort Nursing Home, Horizon Care Center, and Ocean Promenade Nursing Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 14 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (24% of the total population).
- There are 33 golf courses nearby, including Breezy Point Executive Golf Course, Inwood Country Club, and Marine Park Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge)..
- There are 3 churches nearby, including St Virgilius Rc Church, St John\'s Baptist Church, and Community Church of God-christ.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has an average number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a low number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $65,689, which is in the top 35% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $50,443, which is in the top 43% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $27,226, which is in the top 31% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 10.35%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11693 has a very dense population density of 11,951.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 81.67%.