Senior Living in 11694 (Rockaway Park, NY)
- 11694 scores the same as the Rockaway Park, NY average of 63.
- 11694 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11694 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Park Inn Home For Adults, Park Nursing Home, and Ocean Promenade Nursing Center.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 3 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 12 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (33% of the total population).
- There are 24 golf courses nearby, including Breezy Point Executive Golf Course, Marine Park Golf Course, and Inwood Country Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Jacob Riis Park)..
- There are 22 churches nearby, including Zelikovitz H, Congregation Ohav Zedek, and West End Temple.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a low number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has an average number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $92,893, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,196, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $37,851, which is in the top 11% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.45%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives average levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11694 has a very dense population density of 14,940.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 89.17%.