Senior Living in 11697 (Breezy Point, NY)
- 11697 scores the same as the Breezy Point, NY average of 90.
- 11697 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11697 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Coney Island Hospital and New York Community Hospital Of Brooklyn, Inc.).
- There are 60 senior living facilities in the area, including Menorah Center for Rehabilitation and Nursing Care , The Waterford On The Bay, and Harbor View Home.
- There are 12 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 768 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very high percent of seniors (41% of the total population).
- There are 49 golf courses nearby, including Marine Park Golf Course, Breezy Point Executive Golf Course, and Dyker Beach Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Jacob Riis Park, Marine Park, and Floyd Bennett Field.
- There are 190 churches nearby, including Hill Curtis O, St Thomas More Rc Church, and L\'Pety Canar.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 3.92% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 0.61% of total property value, which is low compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $105,975, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $86,941, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,799, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.84%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has mild mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11697 has a dense population density of 1,837.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.18%.