Senior Living in 11703 (North Babylon, NY)
- 11703 scores the same as the North Babylon, NY average of 73.
- 11703 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11703 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center and Southside Hospital).
- There are 23 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookview Commons, Berkshire Nursing and Rehab, and Bayview Rest Home.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 17 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 137 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 57 golf courses nearby, including Bergen Point Golf Club, Huntington Crescent Club, and Southward Ho Country Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 33 churches nearby, including S S Cyril & Methodius Church, St Patricks Episcopal Church, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $99,253, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $87,765, which is in the top 7% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $35,457, which is in the top 13% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 7.87%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11703 has a dense population density of 5,271.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.74%.