Senior Living in 11704 (West Babylon, NY)
- 11704 scores the same as the West Babylon, NY average of 69.
- 11704 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11704 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, Brunswick General Hospital, and South Oaks Hospital.
- There are 20 senior living facilities in the area, including Berkshire Nursing and Rehab, East Neck Nursing and Rehab Center, and Sunrise of West Babylon.
- There are 4 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 21 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 142 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 61 golf courses nearby, including Bergen Point Golf Club, Huntington Crescent Club, and Lakes/Pines Course at Colonial Springs Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 35 churches nearby, including St Nicholas Greek Orthodox Chr, St John\'s Lutheran Church, and Our Lady of Perpetual Help.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $90,574, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $80,387, which is in the top 9% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $30,564, which is in the top 22% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.44%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11704 has a dense population density of 4,984.8 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.04%.