Senior Living in 11717 (Brentwood, NY)
- 11717 scores the same as the Brentwood, NY average of 61.
- 11717 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11717 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Pilgrim Psychiatric Center and Southside Hospital).
- There are 29 senior living facilities in the area, including Ross Center for Health and Rehabilitation, Maria Regina Residence, and Arbors.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 13 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 130 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (17% of the total population).
- There are 52 golf courses nearby, including Brentwood Country Club, Heartland Golf Park, and Gull Haven Golf Club.
- There is 1 park nearby (Blydenburgh County Park)..
- There are 38 churches nearby, including Spanish Church of God, St Luke\'s Rc Church, and Prince of Peace Lutheran Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $81,331, which is in the top 18% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $70,816, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $21,118, which is in the top 64% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 9.62%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11717 has a dense population density of 5,569.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have an average daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 68.69%.