Senior Living in 11721 (Centerport, NY)
- 11721 scores the same as the Centerport, NY average of 82.
- 11721 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11721 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Northport Va Medical Center, Huntington Hospital, and Sagamore Children\'s Psych Ctr.
- There are 33 senior living facilities in the area, including Dawn Hill Manor, Maryville Enhanced Assisted Living , and Fairlawn Adult Home.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 165 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 108 golf courses nearby, including Indian Hills Country Club, Crab Meadow Golf Course, and Huntington Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Target Rock National Wildlife Refuge and Caumsett State Park).
- There are 44 churches nearby, including Centerport Methodist Church, Our Lady Queen-Martyrs Church, and Congregational Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $133,407, which is in the top 3% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $102,721, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $48,889, which is in the top 4% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.84%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11721 has a dense population density of 2,526.9 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.20%.