Senior Living in 11722 (Central Islip, NY)
- 11722 scores the same as the Central Islip, NY average of 60.
- 11722 scores significantly lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11722 scores significantly lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is an average number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There is 1 hospital nearby (Pilgrim Psychiatric Center).
- There are 37 senior living facilities in the area, including The Arbors at Islandia East, The Arbors Islandia West, and The Arbors Assisted Living Communites.
- There are 5 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 15 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 88 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (18% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Gull Haven Golf Club, Hamlet Wind Watch Golf Club, and Stonebridge Golf Links & Country Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Connetquot River State Park and Blydenburgh County Park).
- There are 24 churches nearby, including First United Methodist Church, St John of God Rc Church, and St Mary\'s Epscpl Chr Clothing.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a low number of movie theatres.
- The area has a high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $80,083, which is in the top 19% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $70,236, which is in the top 15% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $22,324, which is in the top 56% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 11.12%, which is high compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 2% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11722 has a dense population density of 4,828.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very low education attainment of 72.04%.