Senior Living in 11726 (Copiague, NY)
- 11726 scores the same as the Copiague, NY average of 68.
- 11726 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11726 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (Brunswick General Hospital and South Oaks Hospital).
- There are 14 senior living facilities in the area, including Broadlawn Manor Nursing and Rehab Center, The Bristal at Massapequa, and Dominican Village.
- There are 3 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 114 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (22% of the total population).
- There are 69 golf courses nearby, including Bergen Point Golf Club, Peninsula Golf Club, and Lakes/Pines Course at Colonial Springs Golf Course.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Full Gospel Christian Church, Our Lady of Assumption Church, and Bethel Ame Church.
- The area has an average number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $83,803, which is in the top 16% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $73,789, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $26,456, which is in the top 34% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.71%, which is medium compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11726 has a dense population density of 7,735.5 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a low education attainment of 77.32%.