Senior Living in 11729 (Deer Park, NY)
- 11729 scores the same as the Deer Park, NY average of 71.
- 11729 scores the same as the New York average of 71.
- 11729 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Southside Hospital, Good Samaritan Hospital Medical Center, and Pilgrim Psychiatric Center.
- There are 28 senior living facilities in the area, including Brookview Commons, Sunrise of Dix Hills, and Berkshire Nursing and Rehab.
- There are 7 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 11 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 138 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 59 golf courses nearby, including Huntington Crescent Club, Southward Ho Country Club, and Bergen Point Golf Club.
- There are no parks nearby.
- There are 32 churches nearby, including S S Cyril & Methodius Church, St Patricks Episcopal Church, and First Baptist Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has an average number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $89,523, which is in the top 13% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $78,723, which is in the top 10% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $31,126, which is in the top 20% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.84%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11729 has a dense population density of 4,474.4 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has an average education attainment of 88.73%.