Senior Living in 11731 (East Northport, NY)
- 11731 scores the same as the East Northport, NY average of 77.
- 11731 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11731 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including Northport Va Medical Center, Sagamore Children\'s Psych Ctr, and St Catherine Of Siena Hospital.
- There are 41 senior living facilities in the area, including Atria East Northport, Birchwood Suites, and Fairlawn Adult Home.
- There are 9 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 16 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 165 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (26% of the total population).
- There are 87 golf courses nearby, including Hamlet Golf & Country Club, Indian Hills Country Club, and Crab Meadow Golf Course.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Sunken Meadow State Park, Caleb Smith State Park, and Blydenburgh County Park.
- There are 46 churches nearby, including Northport Baptist Church, East Northport Jewish Ctr, and D Andrea Edward R.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $117,782, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $102,725, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $39,407, which is in the top 9% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.48%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11731 has a dense population density of 3,601.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.05%.