Senior Living in 11733 (East Setauket, NY)
- 11733 scores the same as the East Setauket, NY average of 78.
- 11733 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11733 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 4 hospitals nearby, including University Hospital ( Stony Brook ), University Hospital, and John T Mather Memorial Hospital Of Port Jefferson.
- There are 31 senior living facilities in the area, including Sunrise of East Setauket, Setauket Meadows Hoaiate, and Waters Edge at Port Jefferson For Rehabilitation and Nursing.
- There are 2 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 19 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 104 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 53 golf courses nearby, including St. George\'s Golf & Country Club, Port Jefferson Country Club at Harbor Hills, and Nissequogue Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Cedar Town Beach)..
- There are 29 churches nearby, including Messiah Lutheran Church, Edwards William H, and Setauket United Methodist Chr.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $159,062, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $116,060, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $53,138, which is in the top 3% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.38%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11733 has a dense population density of 1,604.1 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.69%.