Senior Living in 11740 (Greenlawn, NY)
- 11740 scores the same as the Greenlawn, NY average of 81.
- 11740 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11740 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 3 hospitals nearby, including Sagamore Children\'s Psych Ctr, Northport Va Medical Center, and Huntington Hospital.
- There are 40 senior living facilities in the area, including Carillon Nursing and Rehabilitation Center, Maryville Enhanced Assisted Living , and Fairlawn Adult Home.
- There are 11 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 20 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 165 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (29% of the total population).
- There are 94 golf courses nearby, including Dix Hills Country Club, Dix Hills Park Golf Course, and Hollow Hills Golf Course.
- There is 1 park nearby (Target Rock National Wildlife Refuge)..
- There are 44 churches nearby, including St Paraskevi Greek Orthodox, Christian City Church, and St Francis of Assisi Catholic.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $120,261, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $93,750, which is in the top 5% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $43,919, which is in the top 6% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.40%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11740 has a dense population density of 2,549.6 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 95.62%.