Senior Living in 11753 (Jericho, NY)
- 11753 scores the same as the Jericho, NY average of 86.
- 11753 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11753 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 6 hospitals nearby, including North Shore Univ Hospital, Plainview Hospital, and St Joseph Hospital.
- There are 64 senior living facilities in the area, including AMR Care Group Inc, Amber Court of Westbury, and The Arbors Assisted Living Communites.
- There are 20 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 35 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 307 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (30% of the total population).
- There are 120 golf courses nearby, including Meadow Brook Club, Cantiague Park Golf Course, and Blue/Red Course at Glen Oaks Club.
- There are 3 parks nearby, including Eisenhower Park, Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park, and Bethpage State Park.
- There are 74 churches nearby, including Temple or-Elohim, St Ignatius Loyola Rectory, and Our Lady of Mercy Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $203,307, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $157,907, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $69,302, which is in the top 2% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.02%, which is very low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11753 has a dense population density of 3,098.0 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 97.22%.