Senior Living in 11764 (Miller Place, NY)
- 11764 scores the same as the Miller Place, NY average of 74.
- 11764 scores higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11764 scores higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 2 hospitals nearby (John T Mather Memorial Hospital Of Port Jefferson and St Charles Hospital).
- There are 16 senior living facilities in the area, including Harbor Village at Mt. Sinai, Oak Hollow Nursing Center, and Lakeview Rehabilitation and Care Center.
- There is 1 home healthcare provider operating in the area.
- There are 23 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 90 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (23% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Rolling Oaks Country Club, Dogwood/Oak Tree Course at Middle Island Country Club, and Sandpiper Course at Spring Lake Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Cedar Town Beach and Brookhaven State Park).
- There are 23 churches nearby, including St Louis De Montfort Rc Chr, Society of St Francis, and Mt Sinai Congregational Church.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $131,167, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $120,710, which is in the top 2% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $42,303, which is in the top 7% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 5.31%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11764 has an average population density of 1,438.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 96.53%.