Senior Living in 11771 (Oyster Bay, NY)
- 11771 scores the same as the Oyster Bay, NY average of 86.
- 11771 scores significantly higher than the New York average of 71.
- 11771 scores significantly higher than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very high number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are 5 hospitals nearby, including North Shore Univ Hospital, Huntington Hospital, and Glen Cove Hospital.
- There are 58 senior living facilities in the area, including Oyster Bay Manor, Harbor House, and Christian Fellowship House.
- There are 17 home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 28 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 236 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has an average percent of seniors (31% of the total population).
- There are 155 golf courses nearby, including Mill River Club, The, Muttontown Club, The, and Pine Hollow Country Club.
- There are 4 parks nearby, including Planting Fields Arboretum State Historic Park, Bailey Arboretum, and Caumsett State Park.
- There are 59 churches nearby, including St Dominic Church, Christ Church Oyster Bay, and First Presbyterian Church.
- The area has a high number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a very high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a very high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 8.26% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.79% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $196,369, which is in the top 1% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $100,469, which is in the top 4% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $74,326, which is in the top 1% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 6.13%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 0% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with comfortable winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has very good air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11771 has an average population density of 935.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a very high education attainment of 94.66%.