Senior Living in 11778 (Rocky Point, NY)
- 11778 scores the same as the Rocky Point, NY average of 67.
- 11778 scores lower than the New York average of 71.
- 11778 scores lower than the national average of 72.
Health & Safety
- There is a very low number of Medicare registered physicians within close range.
- There are no hospitals nearby.
- There are 12 senior living facilities in the area, including Oak Hollow Nursing Center, Lakeview Rehabilitation and Care Center, and Eagleview Retirement Community.
- There are no home healthcare providers operating in the area.
- There are 18 fire stations in close proximity.
- The average life expectancy is 80.5, compared to the national average of 78.6.
- There are 55 pharmacies within short driving distance.
Recreation & Leisure
- The area has a very low percent of seniors (20% of the total population).
- There are 41 golf courses nearby, including Rolling Oaks Country Club, Tallgrass Golf Club, and Sandpiper Course at Spring Lake Golf Club.
- There are 2 parks nearby (Brookhaven State Park and Cedar Town Beach).
- There are 15 churches nearby, including St Anthony of Paduas Church, St Anselm\'s Episcopal Church, and St Louis De Montfort Rc Chr.
- The area has a low number of malls and/or shopping centers.
- The area has a high number of grocery stores and/or markets.
- The area has a high number of movie theatres.
- The area has a very high number of health clubs / fitness studios.
- The property taxes average 7.57% of total income, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The property taxes average 1.70% of total property value, which is very high compared to the national median.
- The sales tax rate is 6.50%, which is low compared to the national median.
- New York has a high average state income tax rate of 4.81%.
- The area has an average household income of $92,700, which is in the top 12% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a median household income of $83,089, which is in the top 8% of all incomes in the US.
- The area has a per capita income of $32,331, which is in the top 18% of all per capita incomes in the US.
- Assisted living costs average $39,300 per year, which are medium compared to national figures.
- Nursing home costs average $153,300 per year, which are very high compared to national costs.
- Adult daycare costs average $27,300 per year, which are very high compared to national numbers.
- Home healthcare costs average $46,332 annually, which are medium compared to national costs.
- The unemployment rate is about 4.95%, which is low compared to national statistics.
- The overall cost of living is very high compared to national averages.
- 1% of the senior population are financially responsible for at least one grandchild.
General Quality of Life
- This area receives high levels of rainfall each year.
- This area has average mean temperatures, with average winters and pleasant summers.
- This area has below average air quality.
- This area has average water quality.
- 11778 has a dense population density of 1,857.2 people per square mile.
- Residents have a very long daily commute time.
- The area has a very high public transportation ridership.
- The area has a low public school quality ranking.
- The area has an average public school safety ranking.
- This area has a high education attainment of 92.10%.